Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Jan 5, reprise, part 2

I was having trouble posting more photos, I'll try to add more on a new post.

Ryan getting off the bus:




Our ride:




Pat gets his "sack lunch":




Accommodations:




The view a couple of hours out. The larger ice flows are larger than the footprint of Dell Rapids. The blur in the upper left is a propeller blade:




We've arrived on the ice runway:




Our chariot awaits:




The "Transition" we just drove through. Yes, that's mud on the windshield:




The entrance to the "Chalet":




1/2 of the room I share with Paul:





I'll add more photos of McMurdo tomorrow, and try to explain the 2-day Happy Camper Survival Training we completed today. That will take a while, so I'll try in the morning. All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment