Friday, January 23, 2009

Wednesday, January 21

I will just hang out today and try to recover physically. I was not nearly as spent as I thought I would be, perhaps clean up a little. Michelle, Paul, and ziggy are doing another day of close support to fill in holes in our coverage. At end of day Ziggy, Ryan, and Pat are getting flown up to the top of the mountain above us to walk down. We believe no one has ever been up there before. Tomorrow, Pat and I and Michelle are scheduled to do close support, Ryan/Ziggy/Paul go to Lachley Mts., then we are done. BFC Kate is coming tomorrow, and we are getting flown out Fri. Out-brief on Sat., process data Sun., and fly to Christchurch Mon. morning.

So, we are winding down, trying to clean up camp a bit. 30 and sunny and calm, feels much warmer. Sandals and 1 pair of socks to keep my feet dry and cool, but they’re not cold. Very pleasant to just sit around and listen to my music on my iPod over the speakers. Solar is powering speakers, radio charge, and iPod charge. So, after last radio is charged, will try to charge my laptop.

I am scheduled to stay over 2 nights in CHC. I was going to take a train somewhere for a day. Ziggy and I are trying to contemplate a route, schedule, and cost.

Will try to call home this afternoon. No photos to post, just in camp all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment