Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Pulling Food"

We justgot done getting our food off the shelves from storage, boxing it up, weighing, and labeling. It will get transported for us to the helo pad on Sat. which is our scheduled departure time. It took over 3 hours. We met first to discuss and plan the menus for 14 days, we'll see what happens. It looks like I'll be gaining weight instead of losing........ I have some pictures I'll post tonight when I get back to my room. We are heading over to eat know, and then are going to walk to Scott base, which is a couple miles away, the New Zealand station. We can only go to the public bar without a host, but we're told it's worth doing.


Ryan, Pat, and Ziggy with the woman in charge. Ryan had done this before, so was a big help:



The stores:



Meats, cheeses, breads, frozen vegetables we get from the freezer:


I should have mentioned that while we were at happy camper, we noticed the Kiwis (New Zealanders) were playing Rugby on a field marked out on the ice with goal posts. It was about a 1/2 mile from where we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment